Winter is upon us, which means the year is almost over. Looking back, we have many miles and milestones to celebrate. Here’s to the launching of drives in Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont, and cool new features such as finding EV charging stations and campgrounds to our road trip planner.
Fantastic, Funky Florida
In a few weeks, we’ll be releasing 6 scenic drives in Florida. Here is a sneak peek of what’s to come. The Tamiami Trail connects Tampa to Miami and is a dynamic mix of old and new Florida. Discover a tropical wonderland painted with the dazzling colors of exotic plants and birds, unique wildlife, spectacular beaches, cultural and historic places of interest all with the relaxed feeling that comes with endless days of sunshine.
Give the Gift that Keeps on Giving
Got a nature lover, road-tripper, avid hiker or camper on your holiday list? Annual Forest Passes make fabulous gifts that last the whole year. Choose from America the Beautiful Annual Pass, Pacific Northwest, Southern California, Tonto, Coconino and White Mountain National Forests.
And now until December 31, enjoy free, standard shipping on your purchase of an America the Beautiful Annual Pass which offers one-year, unlimited access to all federally managed parks across the United States.
Top 10 Winter Driving Tips
Traveling in winter calls for extra attention to the road and weather conditions. Here are some tips to help you get to your destination safely.
- Make sure your car is tuned up and you have a full tank of gas before heading out.
- Depending on where you are, winter tires, chains and snow brush may be needed.
- Plan your route in advance using our free Road Trip Planner
- Check weather and road conditions before departure.
- Allow extra time to get there. Don’t speed and leave ample time for braking.
- Have high energy healthy snacks and water on hand.
- On long trips, take regular rest stops. Even a five minute break will make a difference.
- Keep a flashlight and blanket in the car for emergencies year-round.
- If your car is stuck, stay in/with your vehicle. Make sure there is no snow or debris blocking your exhaust pipe to prevent carbon monoxide from entering the vehicle.
- Don’t drive if you’re tired or intoxicated.
Free Entrance to U.S. National Parks
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, there is free entrance to National Parks the weekend of January 19-21, 2013. Plan ahead to discover and explore a new National Park!
Thank you for your support!
We couldn’t do it without you. We appreciate all of the feedback, questions, and suggestions which have helped make myscenicdrives.com better! Happy Travels!