Travel Overview: 1 hour 44 minutes — 83 mi
Travel Overview: 1 hour 16 minutes — 50 mi
miles — about — about $ of fuel
Segment: 83 mi — about 1 hour, 44 mins
1. Drive north.
2. Turn left onto Northwest Couch Street.
3. Turn right onto Northwest 6th Avenue.
4. Turn left onto Northwest Glisan Street.
5. Turn left toward I 405 South/US 26.
6. Take the I 405 South ramp on the left toward US 26.
7. Keep right to take exit 1D onto US 26 West toward Beaverton.
8. Keep left to take US 26/Northwest Sunset Highway.
9. Keep left to take OR 6 toward Banks/Tillamook.
10. Turn left onto US 101/Main Avenue.
11. Turn right onto 3rd Street/OR 131. Continue on OR 131.
12. Turn right onto Netarts Oceanside Highway West/OR 131.
13. Turn right onto Cape Meares Loop.
14. Your destination is on the left.
Side Trip: Please read the side-trip description for the directions
The Three Capes Scenic Loop connects Cape Meares State Park, Cape Lookout State Park, and Cape Kiwanda State Park. For this loop, turn right onto 3rd Street/OR-131 in Tillamook and use the signs as your guide.
In about a mile and a half, the road will curve. Take Bayocean Road is on the right and follow it to the end, where you will turn left on Cape Meares Loop/Bayshore Drive. In one mile, you arrive in Cape Meares State Park, home to a lighthouse from the 1890s. Known for its beautiful flowers, it offers impressive views of the coastal rocks and of a sea lion rookery.
Continuing down Cape Meares Loop, the road joins OR-131. When you reach Oceanside and the road hugs the coastline again. In two, you will be in Netarts. Turn right onto Netarts Bay Drive. In five miles, you will arrive at the Cape Lookout State Park. Cape Lookout State Park juts out into the Pacific Ocean which makes for some fantastic views of the Oregon coast and the Pacific Ocean. Formed by lava flows, the park also features rainforests and sandy beaches.
Continuing on the Three Capes Scenic Loop, head down Cape Lookout Road for 5 miles until it will intersects with Sandlake Road. Turn right onto Sandlake Road and continue on Sandlake Road for 7 miles to Kiwanda State Park. Kiwanda State Park is known for its picturesque yellow-red sandstone cliffs, dunes, beach access, and hiking trails.
To head back to US-101, head south on Cape Kiwanda Drive. Turn right onto Pacific Ave and head over the bridge, where you will want to take the second right onto Brooten Road. In just under three miles, you will rejoin the US-101.
Segment: 50 mi — about 1 hour, 16 mins
1. Drive south on Cape Meares Loop.
2. Turn left onto Netarts Oceanside Highway West/OR 131.
3. Turn left onto Netarts Oceanside Highway West/OR 131. Continue on OR 131.
4. Turn left onto US 101/Pacific Avenue.
5. Turn left onto US 101/H Street. Continue on US 101.
6. Turn right onto US 101/Oregon Coast Highway.
7. Turn right toward Cannon Beach.
8. Turn right to stay on East Sunset Boulevard.
9. Turn right toward Downtown/Visitor Information/Ecola State Park.
10. Your destination is on the right.