Happy Birthday to Us!
Two years ago today, myscenicdrives.com was launched. We began with many drives in Washington State where we’re based, a few in Oregon, and a grand vision. A lot of miles, maps, research, and picnics later we’re proud to feature drives in 25 states and are continuing to make myscenicdrives.com the go to website for all your road trip planning needs.
We’ve had an exciting year with many new developments. Here are four highlights:
- Hooray for our 25th state, Rhode Island. This small ocean state has a rich cultural heritage, stunning natural beauty and diverse wildlife. Oh and did we mention the seafood?
- We released a comprehensive Road Trip Planner, which allows you to plan your road trip adventures throughout the world, seamlessly dividing your trip into manageable driving days, providing you with GPS and printed directions (including Turn-by-Turn directions), and a mobile-friendly interface to perfect your trip wherever you are.
- We’re proud of coverage in the LA Times, the Kim Komando Show, and other media.
- We’re grateful to our many Facebook fans and website and road trip planner users, who have given us positive feedback, suggestions, and notified us of problems which ultimately made the site better.
We have more interesting features planned for the next several months and are always adding scenic drives.
Thanks for using myscenicdrives.com!
Road Trip Planner Updates
It’s never been easier to use our Road Trip Planner! We hope you enjoy all our new features.
You ask, we listen. This feature was requested by many users to use with Export to GPS, simplifying the routes exported to your GPS. Choose from three options:
- Normal: Export turn-by-turn GPS directions.
- Start and Finish: just the start and finish of your stops and your days.
- Half Point and Merge: merges all directions less than the selected distances, and then exports the half points of your long routes to direct you more efficiently onto highways and intersections.
You're going to love our simplified interface. Just click Add Destination below your last stop to add addresses, search for destinations, nearby stops and more.
Do you use address book management software? More than likely it supports a vCard format which you can now upload to our Road Trip Planner saving some copy-’n-pasting. To import, select File and select Import Address from VCard.
Enhanced Hotels Features
Finding a hotel on myscenicdrives.com is more responsive and faster.
Now you can add hotels booked on myscenicdrives.com by phone to your Road Trip Plan. Just select your reservation from Add Travel Accommodations.
And for your convenience, we’ve added more payment options.
Undo and Redo
Have you ever wanted to try out options in our Road Trip Planner didn’t want to lose what you already created? Worry no more! We’ve added Undo and Redo for most operations throughout our Road Trip Planner, making it a cinch to restore your trip back to the way it was.
Just one click on Add Activity is a quick and easy way to add destinations, places of interests and personal notes to a stop. And best of all, it now works on iPad!
Cost per Liter Support
Support for Importing and Exporting CSV
Our Road Trip Planner now supports importing and exporting of Comma-Separated Files, commonly known as CSV. Customize your column layout using our CSV Import and Export tools.
Using CSV for one of our scenic drives? Just add the Scenic Drive to a Road Trip and then use our GPS Exporter to generate the CSV file you need.